Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mine


One morning as I was driving up I-10 into a violet-fire sunrise, my heart told me a secret my brain already knew. I am in love with Christopher. Then this weekend under a tangerine-hazy sunset Chris made me want to write entirely in cliches, complete with heart-dotted "i"s. I am the happiest girl in the world, and in eight months it'll be all you-and-me-and-Sam make three, a family.

Of course, I immediately started making plans for the wedding. I would need a parrot applique for the wedding dress, a fire thrower, Star Wars action figures, an Elton-John pianist, a priest, a deacon, a Methodist preacher, a biker with a chainsaw, and a Mexican wedding shirt. (For those of you that know me well, you know that this is not a random, made-up list but an actual (mostly-actual anyway) accumulation of items and people). Immediately, I was thrown off the wedding-planning committee. I'm thinking of it as for the better instead of the worst. C'mon, though, am I the only one that thinks Chris doesn't look excellent in the Jack Black outfit?


Chris is an excellent sport. I figured this out early on, as we had our first date with my entire family. It was supposed to be a double date, but word got out that we were going to a restaurant. Chris actually called for a second date. I should have known right then and there.

Many thanks for the warm wishes and congrats!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am soooo happy for you! And Sam! And Chris!! Enjoy the months leading up to the wedding - don't wish them away!

Ms. Thomas said...

I don't think Jack Black is the name of the pirate. I think that's Jack Sparrow.

Geez, Liz. Know your pirates!